- One fascinating journey to experience the differing cultures of the Annapurna region. Commencing with a flight into the heart of the lower Mustang district, we continue to the ancient village of Kagbeni, on the border of upper Mustang and the Hidden Kingdom. From here we travel North East through arid landscape to the sacred pilgrimage town of Muktinath, this area is Tibet all but in name. The journey back travels through the Kali Ghandaki canyon, the deepest in the World entering into Thakali and Gurung tribal culture, through lush forests complemented by the ever changing views of the Annapurnas. This trek is the easier part of the Annapurna Circuit and is ideal for those with less time or for those not wishing the exertion of a 5416 mtr pass.
Early morning, after breakfast, board a bus and drive to Pokhara. It's a drive of about 6 hours through lush green forest, meandering road through the hills and gracefully flowing riversides. You will also come across lively markets and clusters of villages on the way. Lunch will be taken in one of the road side restaurants. Upon reaching in Pokhara, you will be received and driven to the hotel. Check into hotel.
There is flight of about 25 minutes from Pokhara to Jomsom. During flight you can view gorge of the two huge mountains, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. From Tukche, we climb along the side of the valley to Jomsom at 2,713m. Jomsom is a large, bustling settlement and it's the administrative centre to the region that contains the airport, army camp, hotels, shops, banks and government offices. We cross the river to the eastern bank; then walk towards Eklai Bhatti at 2,730m. From here we take a direct route to Muktinath that ascends the hill behind the village, however we follow the trail along the river to Kagbeni at 2,810meters which is situated at the junction of the Jhong Khola & the Kali Gandaki which is the northern most village that can be visited without a permit to continue on to Mustang. This village is fascinating with its rich Tibetan cultures and their unique hospitality which influences us greatly. Overnight stay at a hotel.
We make a steep climb up the Jhong Khola valley leaving Kagbeni, we then join the direct trail to Muktinath just below Khingar at 3,200m. From here trail continues high above the Jhong Khola to the imposing village of Jharkot at 3,500m. well worth exploring. As we leave Jharkot, the trail climbs up to our ultimate destination of Muktinath at 3,802m. We initially visit Ranipauwa, there are many teahouses and shops. Further 10 minutes walks up the hill, we will be rewarded with the actual religious site of Muktinath. Muktinath is a pilgrimage center for Buddhists and Hindus. Holy water flows from the 108 carved spouts surrounding the Vishnu temple in a grove of poplars. There are shrines in a grove of trees including a Buddhists Gompa & the Vishnu temple of Jwalamai. An old temple nearby shelters a spring and natural gas jets that provides Muktinath's famous eternal flame. It's the earth-water- fire combination that accounts for Muktinath's great religious significance. Overnight stay at a hotel.
walk Trek back from Multinath through trail via Kali Gandaki valley then trek to Marpha 6 hours walking to Marpha village. This town is famous for Apple, don't miss to eat Apple Pia and Apple Juice. Overnight stay at a hotel.
Trek down to Kalopani 6 hours walking through Kali Gandaki Valley .During the trail we will cross Thakali houses. From Kalopani Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Mountains are visible on the way. Overnight stay at a hotel.
A beautiful walk, with another transition into sub-tropical vegetation and the return of water buffalo, banyan trees and poinsettias. The trail follows the river through a narrow gorge, and descends to cross a bridge near a spectacular waterfall, before winding through the valley to Tatopani. The hot water springs that give the village its name provide the perfect opportunity for a good 'scrub.
Crossing the Kali Gandaki River we slowly climb steeply up the village of Sikha, which is inhabited by Magars. Overnight stay at a hotel.
We start walking in the morning after breakfast from Sikha along the path that leads to the Rhodendrons forest and you can see the Annapurna South, hidden by a ridge smiling at you. We will walk past the villages of Banthanti and Nangathanti through the forest to reach Ghorepani. Ghorepani is a settlement of Poon Magars.
Early in the morning you hike up 45 minutes to Poon Hill for sunrise (Poon Hill is one of the best place to view Sunrise in Nepal) from there we can see Marvelous view can be seen which are Annapurna ranges, Dhaulagiri ranges, Nilgiri ,Fishtail after taking good time in Poon Hill trek back down to the Ghorepani then trek to Tadapani 4/5 hours through Nice jungle walk. Stay overnight at hotel.
Trek to Ghandruk 3 hours walking through jungle and downhill. During the trail you will enjoy birds watching. Ghandruk is one of bigest Gurung Village. They have own language, dress, typical foods, house. There is nice view of Annapurna South and Fishtail. Overnight stay at hotel.
Trek Back to Pokhara 5 hours walking downhill to Nayapul then drive back to Pokhara one hour by Private car/van. Overnight stay at a hotel.
It takes about 4 ? 5 hours to drive back to Kathmandu crossing over some mountain passes and rivers along the way. In the evening we enjoy a farewell dinner and reflect on a great adventure.
- Transportation for Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu by Tourist Coach
- Accommodation for two nights in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Annapurna conservation fee of USD 27 per person
- TIMS fee
- Transportation form Pokhara to Nayapul and from Phedi to Pokhara by private vehicle.
- Lodge trek with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accommodation in tea house lodge.
- Services of English-speaking trekking guide and porter (We will provide one porter for two people and the maximum weight carried by porter is 25 Kg in total)
- Accommodation, meals, transportation, equipments, and allowances of guide and porter
- Insurance for Guide and Porter.
- Sleeping bag and down jacket if necessary.
- All applicable government taxes and service charges.
- Any accommodation, meals and other services in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara
- Bottled drinks (mineral water, any cold drinks, and alcoholic drinks).
- Your travel insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips for guide, porter and driver, laundry, bar bill, telephone calls etc.
- Any airfare and departure airport tax
- Liability for expenses against sickness, flight cancellation, road blockage, accidents and other occurrence beyond our control
- Any other cost not mention above in cost includes.
About Cost Info:
- To apply and organize this trip, we required minimum 2 persons.
- Cost in USD 1397 per person on room sharing basis. (By overland) and USD 1350 per person on room sharing basis.(By air)
- Airfare of Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu - USD 238 per person.
- Airfare of Pokhara/Jomsom - USD 113 per person.
- Airfare of Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu - USD 204 per person.
- (Above airfare subject to change without prior notice by airlines).
Extra payable (if wish to travel by flight):
|Fill out Booking form (Click Here) Email it to us at email@example.com|
|Scanned passport copies (Colored copied) , 2 photos|
|Advance Payment USD500/INR20,000 per person|