- Ghorepani Poon Hill trekking is one of the famous trekking routes in Nepal for both teahouse and organized. The highest point of this trek is 3210 meters. Ghorepani trek offers a wonderful opportunity to witness the beauty of the Annapurna region with a shorter trek. This place is rich of veiled treasure of Nepalese traditions and custom. During trek the trail passes through world's famous 'The Gorkha Warrior' tribe the Gurung and Magar's charming villages, dense Rhododendron (National Flower of Nepal), Oak forest with varieties of birds, green hills and patchwork valleys. Just about every outlook is an enticing glimpse of Mt. Fishtail (6,993m.) Annapurna (8,091m.) and Dhaulagiri (8,167m.) range on the initial part of the tour is awesome. On an excursion to Poon Hill one can observe the entire mountain ranges; covering red and pink rays of the Sun in full bloom at the Sunset and Sunrise. Pleasing treks that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature in Ghorepani Poon Hill Trekking. This trek is considered to be the best introduction to trekking with some spectacular views.
Early morning after breakfast board a bus and drive to Pokhara. It's a drive of about six hours through lush green forest, meandering road through the hills and graciously flowing rivers. You will cross lively markets and clusters of villages on the road side. Lunch will be taken in one of the road side restaurants on the way to Pokhara. Upon reaching in Pokhara, you will be received and driven to the hotel. Check into the hotel in Pokhara.
After breakfast, take one hour drive to Nayapul. After reaching Nayapul you will start your trekking. After 30-minutes walking along the Modi stream, you will reach at Birethanti - a gorgeous village that has plenty of tea shops and guest houses. Then follow the left direction through the village. Your trek continues heading to Ulleri along the bank of the Burungdi stream. You will hike up to the valley of Hile (1495 meters) and Tikhedhunga (1525 meters). The trail leads steep up to Ulleri (2073 meters), a large stunning Magar village. Ulleri is stopping point for today. Overnight stay at lodge.
We continue walking making sure that we're always on the inside of the path, thereby permitting the donkeys to pass through. Occasional views of the peaks give way to a narrower valley. We then proceed through Rhododendron forest and eventually reach to Ghorepani. It is a beautiful place from where we can enjoy the most spectacular views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range.
Early morning, we will climb for one hour to Poon hill. It is one of the most popular trekking area in Nepal. It is situated at an altitude of 3210 meters from where we can see the tremendous views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range. After appreciative views and taking a good pause, we trek down to Ghorepani village and have breakfast and proceed to Tadapani.
From Ghorepani the trail climbs south following a path through dense forests. It finally emerges on a grassy knoll which offers perfect mountain views, including sight of Machhapuchre and a panorama all the way south to the plains of India. The area is quite alike to that of Poon Hill. Keep climbing along the ridge all the way through pine and rhododendron forests to a ridge at 3030 m, and then descent to two bars, a second pass also known as Deurail at 2960m. The trail then descends sharply to a stream before the hiking resume, going through a forest to Tadapani. Overnight stay at the lodge.
From Tadapani the trail descends through stunning forests to Ghandruk, which is a beautiful village of Gurung people, one of Nepal?s most popular ethnic groups, known for their distinctive language, culture, customs and life style. It is also home to many soldiers from the famous Gurkhali regiments. From here we can have stunning views of Annapurna South,Annapurna III, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna and Fishtail.
We descent down through stone steps of Ghandruk village and pass several tea houses on the way. After crossing the stream on a suspension bridge the trail drops in to the Modi Khola valley and reaches Landruk-Tolka and ascent around 2 hours to Pothana.
This day after walking 2 hours we will reach to Phedi. On the way to Phedi from Pothana we will see parts of Mount Annapurna range and Gurung village. After one hour drive from Phedi we will reach to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel.
It takes about 4 ? 5 hours to drive back to Kathmandu crossing over some mountain passes and rivers along the way. We enjoy a farewell dinner and reflect on a great adventure in Kathmandu in the evening organized by Nature Trail.
- Transportation for Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Transportation form Pokhara to Nayapul and from Phedi to Pokhara by local bus.
- ?All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accommodation in tea house/lodge.
- Services of English-speaking trekking guide and porter (We will provide one porter for two people and the maximum weight carried by porter is 25 Kg in total)
- Accommodation, meals, transportation, equipments, and allowances of guide and porter
- Insurance for Guide and Porter.
- Annapurna conservation fee
- TIMS (Trekking Information Management System) fee
- Sleeping bag and down jacket if necessary.
- All applicable government taxes and service charges.
- Any accommodation, meals and other services in Kathmandu, and Pokhra
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu, and Pokhara
- Bottled drinks (mineral water, any cold drinks, and alcoholic drinks).
- Your travel insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature such as tips for guide, porter and driver, laundry, bar bill, telephone calls etc.
- Any airfare and departure airport tax
- Liability for expenses against sickness, flight cancellation, road blockage, accidents and other occurrence beyond our control
Above cost provide services for trekking only. On your request we are also happy to organise your pick up on your arrival (international), we can book hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara (we do have best offer from hotel) and also can book your flights just in case you preferred to travel by air.
Also some of the places it is possible to upgrade the lodges by paying extras. Please write us for more details information.
About Cost Info:
- Our price are based on minimum 2 persons. For Single traveller required to pay single suppliments.
- USD 445 per person on room sharing basis, for solo traveller, Single Supplement USD 50 extra.
|Fill out Booking form (Click Here) Email it to us at email@example.com|
|Scanned passport copies (Colored copied) , 2 photos|
|Advance Payment USD500/INR20,000 per person|