- Annapurna Base Camp Trekking is one of the best trekking routes so far left untouched by the modern civilization. Comparing to other trekking areas of Nepal, Annapurna Base Camp Trekking areas in Nepal is the only Trekking route so far not disturb by the road construction. Some years before, Annapurna Circuits trekking was one of the top 20 long trekking routes in the world that one shouldn't miss. But unfortunately, however this is my personal opinion, is no more because of the rough road built up to Jomsom from Pokhara, and Benshisahar to Managing village respectively. Thus, Annapurna Base camp is an alternative choice to replace the gap.
Early morning, after breakfast, board a bus and drive to Pokhara. It's a drive of about 8 hours through lush green forest, meandering road through the hills and gracefully flowing riversides. You will also come across lively markets and clusters of villages on the way. Lunch will be taken in one of the road side restaurants. Upon reaching in Pokhara, you will be received and driven to the hotel. Check into hotel.
Morning after breakfast, we drive to Nayapul and start our trek to Ulleri. For an average trekker, it is a 5 hours trek. The journey will take about 2 hours over the hill to Chandrakot from where we start walking. Cross the river at Birethanti and head left along the gentle slope to Tikhedhunga where we cross the Bhurungdi Khola to start the long steep climb to Ulleri. There we find a lodge to spend a night (full board).
We continue to walk, making sure that we're always on the inside of the path, thereby allowing the donkeys to pass. Occasional views of the peaks give way to a narrower valley. We then proceed to pass through Rhododendron forest and eventually reach Ghorepani. It is a beautiful place from where we can enjoy the most panoramic views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range (full board)
Early morning, we will climb for one hour to Poon hill. It is one of the most popular vantage points of this trek. It is situated at an elevation of 3210 meters from where we can see the tremendous views of giant Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range. After admiring the views and taking a good pause, we come down to Ghorepani village and have breakfast and proceed to Tadapani.
From Ghorepani the trail climbs south following a path through deep forests. It finally emerges on a grassy knoll which offers good mountain views, including sight of Machhapuchhare (not visible from Ghorepani) and a panorama all the way south to the plains of India. The vantage point is quite similar to that of Poon Hill. Keep climbing along the ridge through pine and rhododendron forests to a crest at 3030 m, then descent to two inns, a second pass, also called Deurail, at 2960m. The trail then descends steeply to a stream before the climbing resumes, going through a forest to Tadapani. Overnight stay at Lodge (full board)
Tadapani is a small village from there the trail divides for Chorong and Ghandrung. The south trail goes to Ghandrung, you have to take the eastern one for Chomrong. From here, the way goes down through dense forest to Gurajon village that lies just after the suspension bridge. Then onwards, no more ups & downs till Chomrong village. Chomrong is a beautiful village located on the lap of giant Annapurna massive. It's a typical Gurung village but now is modernized and has almost lost its culture & traditions. Trek duration - 5 hours (full board)
Step down to Chomrong stream, cross the suspension bridge then trek up to Sinuwa Danda. Sinuwa is a beautiful village on the top of this ascends from here the trek becomes flat. From Sinuwa, the trail runs through thick & dark rhododendron forest up to Khuldighar then step down to the Bambboo through the rocky cliff. You continue the walk and reach Dovan where you take shelter and celebrate the evening. Trekking duration 6 and half hours
We have a silence jungle walk from Dovan to Himalaya because there is a temple in between the Jungle so it is believed that disturbance and big noise is not allowed at the jungle. You can also see many water falls during the journey from Dovan to himalaya. From Himalaya you have to walk steep up then you will reach Hinku- Lake. Deurali seems to be near the Dovan, it takes 40 minutes walk from Hinku- cave to Dovan. Deurali is at 3250m height.
The trail from here takes right bank of the stream, through the rugged path, which sticks on the rocky cliff and is slippery some times. In winter, this part is most dangerous part of the trek for avalanches. It's not possible to monitor the situation from down. From here, the way is easy and flat for a while. At the bottom of the cliff lots of moraines can be seen.
After a while, the path goes gently up until Machhapuchare base camp. There are few tourist lodges. From here keep on walking up through grassy land for two hours then you will reach to the Annapurna Base Camp. Trek duration 5 hours (full board)
From Annapurna Base Camp the route rapidly descends past the Machhapuchhre Base camp, Deurali, Himalayan Hotel and Doban and comes Bamboo.
The route passes through beautiful fields of rhododendron flowers, oaks and bamboo. We trek through Sinuwa, cross the Chhumrung Khola and continue on to Chhumrung Village. From here it is downhill to Jhinu Danda. Jhuiu Danda is small local commercial village where we stay tonight. For those with enough energy there is a 20 min walk to a nearby hot water spring to relax all those muscles.
The trek starts with a downhill section of about 20 minutes to the Kimrungkhola river where we will cross a suspension bridge before reaching a small village. We continue to the Modi Khola river and up to the Langdruk village where we will stay for the night.
On this day you will once again be stunned by spectacular views of Annapurna South. Once we reach Dhampus, the largest village on the trek, we will see cars again, even a local school- all signs that we are almost back to civilization.
The last day of your trek is a quite steep downhill hike into Phedi, where you will catch a ride back into Pokhara where we will overnight.
It takes about 4 ? 5 hours to drive back to Kathmandu crossing over some mountain passes and rivers along the way. In the evening we enjoy a farewell dinner and reflect on a great adventure
- ?Transportation for Kathmandu / Pokhara / Kathmandu by Tourist Coach
- ?Accommodation for two nights in Pokhara with breakfast.
- ?Annapurna conservation fee of USD 27 per person
- ?TIMS fee
- Transportation form Pokhara to Nayapul and from Phedi to Pokhara by private vehicle.
- ?Lodge trek with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and accommodation in tea house lodge.
- ?Services of English-speaking trekking guide and porter (We will provide one porter for two people and the
- Maximum weight carried by porter is 25 Kg in total)
- ?Accommodation, meals, transportation, equipments, and allowances of guide and porter
- ?Insurance for Guide and Porter.
- ?Sleeping bag and down jacket if necessary.
- ?All applicable government taxes and service charges.
- Any accommodation, meals and other services in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Pokhara
- ?Bottled drinks (mineral water, any cold drinks, and alcoholic drinks).
- ?Your travel insurance.
- ?Expenses of personal nature such as tips for guide, porter and driver, laundry, bar bill, telephone calls etc.
- ?Any airfare and departure airport tax
- ?Liability for expenses against sickness, flight cancellation, road blockage, accidents and other occurrence beyond our control
- Any other cost not mention above in cost includes
About Cost Info:
- To apply and organize this trip, we required minimum 2 persons.
- Cost in USD 1350 per person on room sharing basis. (By overland)
- and USD 1310 per person on room sharing basis. (By air)
- Extra payable (if wish to travel by flight):
- Airfare of Kathmandu/Pokhara/Kathmandu - USD 238 per person.
- (Above airfare subject to change without prior notice by airlines).
|Fill out Booking form (Click Here) Email it to us at email@example.com|
|Scanned passport copies (Colored copied) , 2 photos|
|Advance Payment USD500/INR20,000 per person|