Trekking in the Dolpo region has only been permitted since mid-1989. The region lies to the west of the Kali Gandaki Valley, Dolpo is located inside the Shey-Phoksundo National Park in mid-western Nepal, behind the Dhaulagiri massif, towards the Tibetan plateau. The region offers opportunities to visit ancient villages, high passes, beautiful Lakes, isolated Buddhist monasteries and also to experience the vast array of wildlife inhabiting the region, including Blue sheep, Mountain Goat, Jackal, Wolf and the legendary Snow Leopard.
This remains a truly isolated corner of Nepal, time has stood still here for centuries as inhabitants of Tibetan stock continue to live, cultivate and trade the way they have done for hundreds of years. Most treks into Dolpo take from 14 to 30 days. The best time to trek here is towards the end of the monsoon season Sept to November. Shorter Dolpo treks are possible by flying into the air strip at Jumla.
- Day 01 Fly, Kathmandu / Nepalgunj / transfer hotel,
- Day 02 Early morning, fly to Jumla / trek to Ghotichour
- Day 03 Ghotichaur / Chutra
- Day 04 Chutra / Chaurikot (3000 m.)
- Day 05 Chaurighot / Kaigaun
- Day 06 Kaigaun / Garpung Khola
- Day 07 Garpung Khola / Kagmara phedi
- Day 08 Cross Kagmara pass (5115 m.) / Pungmi Kharka
- Day 09 Pungmi Kharka / Phoksumdo Lake (3600m)
- Day 10 Rest at Phoksumdo Lake
- Day 11 Phoksumdo Lake / Baga-La Phedi (5090m) Descend and camp
- Day 12 Cross Baga-La (5090m) / Numla Phedi
- Day 13 Cross Numla (5190m) and trek to Tarap (4040m)
- Day 14 Tarap / Dho
- Day 15 Dho / Big cave (3600m)
- Day 16 Big cave / Lahini (3200m)
- Day 17 Lahini / Tarakot (2800m)
- Day 18 Tarakot / Dunai (2150m)
- Day 19 Dunai / Juphal (2500m)
- Day 20 Fly Juphal / Nepalgunj / Kathmandu /transfer hotel
Note: The best season for this trek is March to May and October to December. The trek can be operated in both teahouses and under the canvas on request, as well as possible to combine with some other activities such as white water rafting & wildlife safari. The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. For price and further information, please e-mail to us.
- Updating ....
|Fill out Booking form (Click Here) Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scanned passport copies (Colored copied) , 2 photos|
|Advance Payment USD500/INR20,000 per person|